23.2: The Ghost Network post-read w/ Ben Roswell: Celebrity, Internet Culture, Architecture, and Secret Utopias
We've finally done it! Sorry for the late episode, a few real life considerations got in the way of editing.
We're joined again by Ben Roswell (@roswellwrites on twitter & roswellian.itch.io) to discuss Catie Disabato's postmodern novel of celebrity & architectural cults, The Ghost Network (https://amzn.to/2VtAhVc).
We all had a lot of thoughts on this book, and for any given one two of us agreed and a third didn't, in various combinations, like a big fun podcast triangle! It was a lovely conversation, about a great book to discuss with others.
Stuff we mentioned:
* Fight Truck: https://pantamalion.itch.io/fight-truck
* Trash Theory on FKA Twigs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oXADE5bzZI
* Roxane Gay on Janelle Monáe: https://www.thecut.com/2020/02/janelle-monae-afrofuture.html
* Lady Gaga Isn't Done Shape-Shifting Yet by Rachel Symes: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/10/03/magazine/lady-gaga-movie-star-is-born.html
* The Wikipedia page on Selena (cw domestic violence): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selena
As always, we'd love to hear from you! Chat with us on twitter at @spectologypod, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or submit the episode to r/printSF on reddit. We'll reply, and shout you out in the next podcast when we talk about your comment.
And if you like the episode, subscribe at spectology.com or whever you listen to podcasts, and share it with your friends!